If you are thinking of starting a simulated shoot, or if you already have an established one, we have some handy hints on how to make sure its a money earner!
Generate new business
Advertising is the obvious answer to generate new business. Using social media, professional pictures & videos, hosting a website and using sites such as Guns on Pegs will all help towards generating business.
- Bowman traps are robust traps for professional use.
- Our machines are renowned for reliability.
- Our frames are cast from high tensile aluminium which reduces clay breakages.
- Our Supermatch 8 traps will throw a clay a whopping 150m!
- Our multi-clay traps give the best representation of live quarry.
- Prizes for hitting an elusive mini crosser that screams across the guns
- Flash clays
- Team competitions
Ensure return business
Always look after your equipment
- Spray your traps down at the end of the shoot with GT85 or WD40 to displace water and keep moisture away during storage; excess condensation can be damaging to motors.
- Lubricate moving parts. We find using a can of chain oil spray called CD90 is quick and effective and takes a lot less time that using a grease gun.
- De-cock your trap so the arm is safely showing to the left and then manually push the arm in towards the edge of the main plate. This ensures your arm won’t take a knock during transport. (Do not push the arm under the main plate as this may result in the trap firing / damaging the gear box)
Invest in branded merchandise
People like to be a part of a group. Think about all those shooters that wear branded clothing e.g. Browning / Beretta. Offering a branded cap to your shooters, not only makes them feel part of the team but is good advertising for your shoot. With this in mind, if any of our customers would like to add the Bowman Logo to their merchandise and help promote our brand, we will return the favour by offering you a discount off your next purchase.
Develop your shoot by adding new drives
Having the flexibility to change things up is a real plus which will keep shooters coming back. The more drives you can offer, including different locations, varying quarry and, or switching shooting styles means your customers won’t see everything you have to offer in one visit.
Rabbit drives are becoming increasingly popular and are a great way to develop your shoot. They provide a fast, furious, and fun intermission in between driven targets.
- For the cost, you can cover more guns.
- You can create more types of drives.
- Host multiple training stands.
- Turn your simulated set up into a sport trap layout with 5 traps.
- Rent out traps for private events.